Last updated on: 16/03/2020
The FOOTBID fantasy Leagues module offers several innovative features compared to other options available, namely including the 4 key differences presented below:
- Player availability and pricing is defined by the FOOTBID Marketplace, which replicates a financial market [FAQ 4.5], thus creating a more realistic scarcity on player acquisition and use on matchday;
- Users may apply different number of player shares in order to increase or decrease a specific player's weight in the overall team performance, hence allowing for much more granular strategies than on traditional fantasies [FAQ 6.19];
- Instead of a scoring approach based on a limited set of match metrics, the FOOTBID leagues consider the rating provided by experts [FAQ 8.2] as the ultimate notation on player performance, thus levelling the playing field for players of all positions;
- League creation in FOOTBID is available to all users who may customize their challenges, for instance, creating a league only for midfielders or with a 5-player team [FAQ 6.7].
- Add a share: as long as you have enough shares available, you may increment the number of shares of a player thus making is rating weight more than the others [FAQ 6.19];
- Select as captain: you may select a specific player as your captain for the round [FAQ 6.21];
- Remove a share: you may remove a player's share and reduce the player's rating weight in comparison with others, whilst making the removed share available for other leagues or sale [FAQ 4.17];
- Remove a player: if the player only has one share left and you remove it, the player will be automatically removed from your team selection for the upcoming or ongoing matchday.
The 'points' a attributed to a selected player [FAQ 4.13] on a given matchday will be based on his real-life rating, multiplied by the number of shares used and doubled if the player was selected as the team captain [FAQ 4.20].
For instance, a player who was selected with 3 shares for the applicable matchday, has a rating of 7.1 on his game and has been nominated team captain will represent 42.6 'points' for your team (7.1 x 3 x 2). On the other hand, a player who was selected with 2 shares, has a rating of 5.6 and is not your captain will score 11.2 'points' for your team (5.6 x 2). Note that a selected player who does not play on the matchday will have a rating of 0.0, thus receiving 0 'points', regardless of the number shares used.
In order to compute your 'matchday points', all 'points' from your players are summed up and divided by the number of 'shares used' (representing the average of points you were able to win per share used). A very important factor for your this calculation is that a share for each 'player missing' (i.e. if you selected less players than the league's squad size) will be added to the number of 'shares used' [FAQ 6.22].
Your 'total points' displayed on ' Standings' [FAQ 6.12], will simply be the sum of your 'matchday points' since the beginning of the league!
For instance, consider the following scenario:
- The league demands a squad size of 5 players;
- You have selected 3 players (thus 2 'players missing'), who performed as follows;
- Player 1: 2 shares, 7.3 rating, captain - 29.2 'points';
- Player 2: 1 share, 8.1 rating - 8.1 'points';
- Player 3: 4 shares, did not play - 0.0 'points';
- You have a total of 9 'shares used' (7 'shares rated', 2 from 'players missing');
- You score a total of 38.3 'gross points';
- You score 4.14 'matchday points' (which are added to your 'total points').
You may check this information on any ' Team Selection', simply considering the 'points' calculated for each player in the rating column and by using the tooltip on the 'matchday score' tag, displayed in the bottom of the user's avatar, both in that screen and on ' Standings'.
As described in the point calculation rules [FAQ 6.19], if you select a captain, his points will be doubled for the applicable matchday (considering already the number of shares selected).
Nonetheless, do note that if you place a significant bet on a specific player, making him your team captain and/or applying a significant number of shares, his weight will be significant for the matchday point calculation both in a scenario where he is the MVP and in a scenario where he plays poorly - or not at all!
As described in the point calculation rules [FAQ 6.19], if you are missing one or more players for a specific round you will NOT make 0 points. Point calculation will consider each missing player to be a player with a rating of 0.00 and 1 share only, whilst keeping the players you did select valid and eligible to give you the points you need to win the league.